2013/09/02

Should you have a bike fitting?

MF’s Nick Hutchings goes for a proper bike fitting. Will it 

make a difference to his triathlon times?

I race triathlons for almost five years and there is little I have done the race with a bike that actually is configured correctly for me. It made me realize that I might have done in previous races on the tricycle for children.

In Jenson Triathlon last month I put in my best time ever cycling sprint button (28min 31sec has exactly four minutes faster than my previous PB) and I realized the bike was great - if not greater - Factor I from achieving my target time of 2h 25min on an Olympic distance.

Getting a good fit is not a quick process - it took almost three hours to get to Velosport in Putney, London. However, anyone who is serious about the race is recognized that this is a small price to pay.

Knowing Adam Stone Velosport motorcycle installer made ​​sure I left the session with a full understanding of why my new driving position could help me get the most out of the bike. After my first lap I felt really less pressure on the lower back - a problem I have struggled with. This could have been because I wanted to believe in the work of Adam made ​​the difference, but the result of my career to Jenson Button Tri is, in my opinion, the ultimate test. I hope to crush my previous PB Olympic distance when I'm at Hever Castle Tri in September.

0 comments:

إرسال تعليق